Saturday, February 2, 2013

Crib or Bassinet? Which is better?

I have had a lot of my girl friends having children lately? Sereval of them have asked me which do I think is better. When you kids are younger I recommend going with a bassinet. This gives the child a more secure feeling because he or she was used to being inside a tight living quarter for the last nine months. I have also figured out that when you swaddle your child and lay him on his back to sleep in a bassinet there is less room for him to move in. Therefore reducing the likelyhood of a SIDS related death. If you choose to go with a bassinet I strongly recommend the Safety 1st Nod A Way Baby Bassinet. I loved it. It was an excellent product. The built in viberates helped to sooth and lull my son the sleep.


However, if you decide to go with a crib I recommend the Graco Lauren 4-in-1 Crib n Changer Combo. It is amazing. The crib can convert to toddler, daybed, and full-size bed when needed. It was super easy to assemble and it is easy to clean. Now I will admit that this crib is a bit pricey, $429.99, so you know. However it is well worth it. My son is five now. We had gotten both the crib and the bassinet before he was born. My son still has this bed. It is converted ito a Toddler bed at the moment. This beautiful crib surprisingly still looks as gorgeous as it did the day we got it home. 

Disclaimer: I am just a mother that has used these products before with my kids. I am not a paid spokesperson for these companies and have not recieved any money for my opinions about these products

No comments:

Post a Comment