Thursday, January 2, 2014

My 2013 Christmas

I ended up having an excellent Christmas season in spite of a few family changes.

My folks moved out to West Texas. So there was no Christmas at Mom's this year. I didn't get to see my sister or brother at all. This Christmas was just me and my husband.

The best Christmas present ever arrived at the house the day after. We threw around the names Xena, Medusa, and Siren. It was not until we were reviewing the meanings of the names that we settled on Medusa. Xena was the Goddess of war amd strategy. Siren was the mermaid that would sign a song that would enchant sailors and lead them to their deaths. Medusa is of course also from mythology.  It is Greek from guardian or protectress. Therefore,  I was sold. It is a name she can grow into.

The great news of the season does not end there. My sweet baby cat, Artemis was pregnant. On December 27th she had her kittens. This made me a grandma. She did fabulous since this was her first litter. So I am happy to report that momma and babies are doing beautiful. At first we thought she was just going to have two kittens. However turns out while we were at work she at 4 more. So we have a total of 6.

My second Mom was a sweetheart and posted a gorgeous picture on my Facebook.

I hope everyone had a truly blessed Christmas. I will update at least once a week from now on. Much love and many blessings until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment